Garrett County Opportunity Youth Project Organized by Local Management Board
Last Updated on Jul 3, 2019 at 9:58am | Garrett County Economic Development
Garrett County's Local Management Board has organized three Opportunity Youth Community Engagement Forums:
- Forum #1: June 25, 2019, 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. - Garrett County Health Department (light refreshments will be provided)
- Forum #2: July 11, 2019, 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. - Garrett County Senior Center, Grantsville (light refreshments will be provided)
- Forum #3: July 25, 2019, 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. - Garrett College (light refreshments will be provided)
Opportunity Youth are individuals who are:
• between the ages of 16 and 24 years;
• not enrolled in high school, a GED program, college, or a vocational or technical school; AND
• not employed.
Discussion topics will include education, workforce development and employment, substance abuse, transportation barriers, and living with disabilities. Come share your perspective!
This opportunity is a part of the Garrett County Opportunity Youth Project and is supported by the Garrett County Health Department, Garrett County's Local Management Board, and LUMA Health Consulting.
The goal of the project is to improve access to school and jobs for teenagers and young adults in Garrett County who are neither working nor enrolled in school.