The Southern Garrett Marching Band won its first-ever Tournament of Bands 1A Atlantic Coast Championship on Saturday in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
The band scored a 96.285 with high scores in music, visuals, and winning best color guard.
The band’s historic season included maintaining the top rank for seven straight weeks against 49 other high schools across nine states.
The Atlantic Coast Championship is the first in school, county and Chapter 13 history. The score of 96.285 ranks as the second-highest score in Class A history.
The band was also promoted to open class. This occurs when a band scores a 92 or higher at region or the ACC championship.
Below are the details from each competition. All scores earned first place, as well as top ranking across all of Class 1A bands in the Tournament of Bands competition.
Class 1A had a total of 50 bands that competed throughout the season. A total of 23 bands competed in the Class 1A Atlantic Coast Championships.
• Sept. 14, Keyser High School — 82.765 (high percussion and color guard)
• Sept. 21, Preston High School — 85.47 (high percussion and color guard)
• Sept. 28, Allegany High School — 86.645 (high percussion and color guard)
• Oct. 5, Central Dauphin High School — 89.935 (high percussion and color guard)
• Oct. 12, Southern Garrett High School — 92.395 (high percussion and color guard)
• Oct. 19, Region 13 Championship, Fairmont State University — 94.525 (high percussion and color guard)
• Oct. 26, Atlantic Coast Championship — 96.285 (high color guard)