New Public Art Commission Opportunities for Visual and Literary Artists
Last Updated on May 20, 2021 at 1:16pm | Arts & Culture
Public Art Across Maryland Artwork Commissions is the state’s Percent-for-Art program. For all new or renovated State-owned buildings, a percentage of the construction budget is set aside for public art. Independent artists apply for a project through an open Call to Artists and are selected by an artist selection committee. MSAC manages the process from artist selection, through design, fabrication, and installation and the work becomes part of the State public art collection.
The program is pleased to announce the publication of Request for Qualifications for the following facilities:
Maryland District Court Catonsville District Courthouse:
- $208,000 budget divided among three public locations throughout the courthouse
- $150,000 (all inclusive contract) Visual Public Art Commission for Lobby Wall
- $50,000 (all inclusive contract) Mural Commission for Second Floor Hallway
- $8,000 (Writers fee) to commission a Literary Artist for an original poetic work to be engraved on indigenous stones onsite.
Maryland Department of Agriculture Salisbury Animal Health Lab:
- $70,000 to commission a two dimensional (interior) or three dimensional (exterior) unique public artwork.
Application deadline for both projects is Monday, June 7, 2021, at 3:00 p.m.
All professional artists or artist teams living in the United States may apply.