Tucker County Community Foundation Serves 501(c)(3) Organizations in Garrett County
Last Updated on Feb 8, 2022 at 9:44am | About Us
The Tucker County Community Foundation
is a tax-exempt public charity serving eight counties in North Central West Virginia (Barbour, Grant, Mineral, Preston, Pocahontas, Randolph and Tucker) and Garrett County, Maryland.
According to its website, the Foundation:
- Works with donors to create charitable funds according to their specific interests and needs.
- Manages more than 100 Endowed Funds with $20 million in charitable assets.
- Serves a region that includes Barbour, Grant, Mineral, Preston, Pocahontas, Randolph and Tucker Counties, WV and Garrett County, MD.
- Administers annual grant and scholarship awards.
- Encourages and participates in community initiatives and partnerships (Potomac Highlands Food & Farm, Tucker Boulder Park project, Run For It, etc.).
- Builds awareness of the importance of philanthropy
The Tucker Community Foundations’ Grant Program manages 140 endowment funds providing annual scholarships and grants to 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit or public agency located in one of the eight counties served by the foundation. The grants can support specific projects or general operations for programs that make a positive impact in their communities. The next grant cycle will begin October 1, 2022.